Friday, March 30, 2007

My favorite subjects

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I’m often asked who was my favorite subject to photograph. They usually think it’s a celebrity or pro athlete, but I always tell them my favorite subjects have been the special people in our own community. A couple weeks ago I photographed one of those people. Wyzella Peavy has worked at the Springs Village Care Center for the last 30 years and brings joy to everyone she come in contact with. I spent about three hours following her as she worked from room-to-room on the rehab floor of the nursing home. She always had a smile for the residents and her co-workers. I know I had a smile on my face when I left. Check out the March 26, 2007, Life Section of The Gazette for Bill Radford’s story on Wyzella or go to www.gazette.com and click on the "Life" link on the top tool bar.

No comments: