Tuesday, June 26, 2007

On the Road: day 5 and 6 Asheville

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Asheville, N.C. and a Froehlich family wedding make for a great weekend. We drove from Nashville to Asheville Friday morning and arrived in the North Carolina mountain town in the early afternoon. Asheville is a large Manitou Springs in the rolling hills of the Great Smokey Mountains. I can only imagine how beautiful the area is in the fall. The town has great restaurants and shops including an old Woolworths with a soda fountain. I only wish they had the old soda fountains and milkshake maker, but then again, they probably wouldn't still be working. We went to check out the world-famous Biltmore Estates but didn't get past the visitors center because the tour takes four to five hours and cost $42 per adult. Not this time. We were in Asheville to visit family and help my cousin celebrate her wedding. And we did in Froehlich family fashion. My family is crazy like me, but some of the best people in the world. Unfortunately, I don't see them enough since the Froehlichs are spread across the country from Seattle to Portland to Montana to Las Vegas to Asheville. But this weekend in North Carolina was like every family gathering some of the best times of my life. On to Savannah, Ga.

No comments: