Friday, May 16, 2008

Spring skiing on Pikes Peak



Earlier this week I rode Little Italy and The Cornice above Glen Cove for a video to accompany Out There reporter David Philipps's story on backcountry skiing in the spring. I tried out a helmet camera I bought a couple weeks ago. I wanted to give viewers a sense of what it's like to ski the terrain on Pikes Peak. The hardest part was learning how to edit two different video formats in Final Cut Pro 6. The helmet camera uses DV 4:3 format and our Sony camera is HV with 16:9. The quality is much better with the Sony. I wasn't totally happy with the final results but it was the first time I used the Helmet camera. I think it's a fun way at looking at things and I want to try on other outdoor sports.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.