Saturday, October 20, 2007

Boys of fall

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today I had to shoot a fall Little League game for a story about the Colorado Springs ball players who know all about playing the sport in October, unlike the Major League Colorado Rockies who are new to the fall baseball and the post season. The hard part was how do you make it look like fall when it's 79 degrees outside? I tried many things like shooting the snow-capped Pikes Peak in the background as the little guys warmed up and the autumn leaves on the ground with the player in the background, but nothing seemed to work that well for me until the wind started blowing. (A winter storm is predicted for tomorrow) I noticed the wind would blow the leaves against the back stop for a couple seconds at a time. I stood behind homeplate and was able to grab the shot on top for the story. And the advice the young players gave to the Major League Rockies: dress in layers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's nothing better in life than a Little League game! :-)

Unknown said...

That leaf shot is very clever! I love the second photo.