Thursday, October 4, 2007

Aspen shadows

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

With the recent snow in the high country I wanted to shoot pictures with snow and aspens. I traveled to the St. Elmo area Wednesday in search of those aspen pictures. I drove to the top of Tin Cup Pass, but never found what I was trying to capture. No color like reader Erik found in Mueller. On top the Aspens were bare and below where the aspens still had leaves there was no view of the snow-covered peaks. The light, on the other hand, casted some hard shadows on the bark so I focused on the texture of the aspens. The aspen bark made for some interesting pictures. I guess sometimes you just have to be open to what happens in front of you.

No comments: